The IOSH Chiltern Branch is a local #Herts #Beds #Bucks #IOSH hub created to support anyone involved in creating safe, healthy, sustainable places to work and visit. It is a great way to meet fellow practitioners in a wide range of roles, learn new things and stay current.
We are keen to reach out to our local community, regulators and businesses to support, network and be enablers for positive change. All benefits which can come from sharing best practices and good ideas.
At the start of each calendar year, we send out a survey to find out what you want from your branch and it is from this we decide on the program of events.
Sessions are practical and discussion-based so there will be plenty of time to share your experiences and the lighter side of responsibilities as well as talk about the serious stuff.
Our program is geared toward helping members, non-members and soon to be members identify and achieve their personal professional goals and build strong strategic partnerships through positive collaboration in line with IOSH WORK 2022 plan.
Meetings are run by enthusiastic volunteers and we have big ambitions for what we would like to achieve into the future. If you would like to help out and can offer us time there are always openings on the committee for people who like to get things done. More volunteers mean we can reach more people, influence those people and save more lives.
IOSH Chiltern Branch Strategy 2019/20
Our strategy is aligned with IOSH Work 2022. We have the following aims and objectives for the coming season:
Enhance our profession by
- Offering general topics members request
- Providing IPD clinics over lunch
- Using sessions to encourage problem-solving by mixing experience and utilising the skills in the room
- Promoting non-technical skills so we apply our message in an enabling and positive manner
- We will encourage links between strategic partners
- Welcome our regulating partners
- Liaise with other IOSH groups and branches
- Reach out to local business
- Promote active networking
- Grow the branch by providing a great experience
- Be outward-looking
- We will use social media platforms to reach out to colleagues throughout the UK and globally
- Expand our twitter and LinkedIn following
- Be a local voice on OSH for the community we serve
- Support global or visiting members