Future Leaders Virtual Conference 2021: Steering towards a brighter tomorrow
IOSH’s second Future Leaders Conference was held from 16-18 March and brought together early career OSH professionals to hear from industry experts and learn from each other through sharing knowledge and expertise.
Future Leaders monthly webinars
Future Leaders Steering Group: One Question, 10 answers – our quickfire session
We’re shaking things up! Our Future Leaders are asking one question to professionals with different outlooks – cognitive diversity in a nutshell. Spend 6 minutes with each panel member, sharing their outlook on what does the future OSH professional look like and see how each person responds independently.
Joined by leading professionals in OSH including:
- Ruth Denyer, Head of Safety, Netflix
- Jessy Gomes, Chief Visionary Officer and Founder, The Pracedemic and IOSH Council Member
- Jay Vekaria, HSE Manager, Visa
- Sam Greensitt, Group HS&E Manager, Redrow Homes
- Kaleem Mahmood, Associate in EH&S team, CMS
- Jamie Sutherland-Pownall, Group H&S Lead, Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) and IOSH Council Member
- Chloe Hughes, Health and Safety Graduate, Rolls Royce and IOSH Future Leaders Steering Group member
- Sunit Atwal, London Regional Health and Safety Manager, Unite Students and IOSH Future Leaders Steering Group member
The recording of this webinar is available to view here.
Recent Future Leaders webinars
This session looked at the importance of health and safety in the community and why health and safety professionals should get involved. During this webinar OHS professionals shared their experience of health and safety in the community and talked about the benefits of volunteering, not only to help our peers but also for the community, as well as for the H&S professional. The panellists also touched on community and volunteering in light of Covid and hoped to inspire future leaders to be a change agent and volunteer!
As the first webinar in the new monthly series, this webinar discussed the important topic of mental health in the workplace with mental health specialists and OSH professionals. Panellists and speakers included:
- Joe Donnelly, Board Member, Tackling Awareness of Mental Health Issues (TAMHI)
- Rob Stephenson, Mental Health Campaigner and Founder/CEO of Form and InsideOut
- Heather Beach, Founder/Managing Director, The Healthy Work Company
- Liam Kelly, Future Leaders Steering Group and Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Trim Formworks
Do you want to know what skills and experience you need to achieve that job offer for your perfect OSH role? The job market is constantly changing and there will always be competition from other OSH professional to get that role you want.
In this webinar we look at both the skills and experience needed to get that job and provide tips and tricks that could make you stand out from the crowd.
Philip Lancashire, Future Leaders Community Steering Group member, and Health and Safety Advisor at Games Workshop
Liam Tiddy, Head of Practice - Executive Search at Shirley Parsons HSEQ Recruitment
Duncan Spencer, Head of Advice and Practice at IOSH
Keith Lewis, Social Media Manager at Zurich Insurance UK