Enter the world of OSH with full support from the community
Are you new to the occupational safety and health (OSH) profession? You’re in safe hands with us!
When entering the world of OSH, we want you to feel supported and empowered so our Future Leaders Community is dedicated to new and aspiring professionals. With a growing community of nearly 7,000 Future Leaders, you won’t be short of knowledge, experience and support.
What's available in the community?
- IOSH Future Leaders Community LinkedIn Group – connect with fellow OSH professionals and utilise the professional and career development resources that are shared in the network.
- Upcoming tailor-made events – attend free events run by the Future Leaders Steering Group and industry leaders to expand your knowledge.
- Past tailor-made event recordings - catch up on past webinars run by the Future Leaders Steering Group and industry leaders to expand your knowledge.
- Advice and personal experiences from our Future Leaders – our Future Leaders bring you new and interesting insights on a regular basis including opinion pieces and guidance
- Online forum – form new connections in the industry to grow your network.
- IOSH Magazine - read monthly interviews from the Future Leaders Community in the dedicated section of the IOSH Magazine.
If you’re an IOSH Member and you’re in the Student Membership category, OR 35 years or under, OR have five or fewer years’ OSH experience, you’ll automatically be part of the Future Leaders Community. Not a member yet? Kick-start your IOSH journey today.
New to the health and safety industry?
Members of the IOSH Future Leaders Community are posing a range of quick-fire questions with the Chairs and Vice Chairs of our industry-specific Group committees, to help new and aspiring OSH professionals gain an insight into a variety of industries. Watch them here:
- IOSH Construction Group - watch the quick-fire interview
- IOSH Food and Drink Industries Group - watch the quick-fire interview
- IOSH Health and Social Care Group
- IOSH Consultancy Group - watch the quick-fire interview
Future Leaders Virtual Conference 2022
IOSH's third Future Leaders Conference will take place on 29-31 March 2022. For more information, see our conference page.
Future Leaders Virtual Conference 2021: Steering towards a brighter tomorrow
IOSH’s second Future Leaders Conference was held from 16-18 March and brought together early career OSH professionals to hear from industry experts and learn from each other through sharing knowledge and expertise.
And here's the video of the 2019 highlights: