Thinking about a career in occupational safety and health? Then become a Student Member of IOSH. We can help you prepare for success by supporting you throughout your studies. We'll equip you with the tools that will increase your post-study employability and give you the competitive edge in the workplace.
The IOSH Student Membership is free of charge for full-time students, and only a one-off fee of £50 for part-time students.
Who can join?
Those who fall into either group below are eligible for IOSH Student Membership:
- A full-time or part-time student studying an IOSH-accredited Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) qualification, which must also be your first OSH qualification
- Level 3 Safety and Health for Business e-learning students who are studying their first OSH qualification – the first 250 to apply can claim free IOSH Student Membership
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) technician apprentices - the first 300 SHE Apprentices to apply can claim free IOSH Student Membership
If you would like to check if your qualification is accredited you can find a list on our qualifications page. If you are studying a non-IOSH-accredited OSH qualification you can still apply for Student Membership; your application will be assessed on an individual basis.
Why IOSH Student Membership?
IOSH Student Membership gives students the access to a range of benefits that can boost their career prospects. There are no limits where a career in OSH can go. Take a look at our video and see for yourself.
- Career support and advice - Get access to our Career Hub, helping you to plan and manage your career goals, with practical career development and job-hunting tips and advice to prepare you for your dream OSH role.
- Bursary – Access our IOSH Student Member Bursary which exists to help train aspiring OSH professionals, and to support with their studies. Eligibility criteria applies.
- IOSH Mentoring - Benefit from a mentor, who can provide you with support, guidance and advice, helping you to build your confidence and expand your horizons.
- Professionalism - Demonstrate your commitment to high standards of professionalism and work ethics from the start, boosting your post-study employability. Use our online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme to develop your career plan and reflect on your learning and work.
- Specialist technical knowledge and research - Develop and deepen your knowledge with our extensive range of research materials and our technical information service providing you with an array of online resources, books and technical guides. Access webinars to keep your knowledge up to date and relevant.
- Networking - Connect with our existing 47,500 global members, join industry-specific groups and local branches, and attend some of the 300-plus events a year by them. As part of our Future Leaders Community, join other new and aspiring professionals at tailor-made events and in our dedicated online forum space.
- Discounts - 70% discounts on all IOSH events.
- Stay up to date - Access our newsletters and magazine, keeping you up to date with the latest news updates, as and when you need them.
Ready to become an IOSH Student Member?
To join as a Student Member, you can either complete and submit our student registration form or download the form and send it to student membership at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require you to provide us with proof of your student status and course details, further details are provided on the registration form.
Once we've received your application, we will contact you within five working days.